Friday, December 31, 2010

HISTORY AND THEORY OF LIFE ENCOUNTER.


Man is a product of his thought life. No one can ever rise above the level of his thinking, and life should always mean something to a person- this has been something I have always believed in. people should realize how lucky they are to be alive in this world, and should make the most of what time they have on earth to strive to achieve what they love. Through this effort, they should also try their best to make the world around them a better place. I was born two and half decades ago, at Anguwar Fatika village, Zaria-Nigeria. I’m a student of Agricultural Engineering (though the programme is on hold now), I am fond of writing and reading, but unfortunately found myself in Engineering field-though I strongly believed that through Agriculture, I can help my country in terms of simplifying ‘food production’, and making it available across the nation, and it will serve as a source of income to the country.
As a hobby to me, I read anything I can get my hands on- newspapers, books, brochures, magazines, online materials, etc. I wonder why some people are very opposed to reading. Reading is a good habit, and there is so much to benefit by reading, as well as serving as a way to rest. I love to read, write and make new friends always.
This world is full of mysteries. So far, I’ve learnt a lot of lessons in life. People kiss you and betray you; they smile at you and at the same time hate you. It’s true that problems are the spice of life, and life without it (problem) is an Illusion. And for every problem, there is an expiry date- problems are not meant to make us down, but to tell us that we have a lot of challenges ahead of us in life. Everybody in this world has some worries, but worries are only natural and human- Also everyone is at least sad at some point, but life is not all time sadness. People go through pains and agonies in life, obstacles here and there while trying to achieve something. But no matter what we may come across along the way, we should always remember that there is still space at the top, and the ladder of success is never crowded at the top- also challenges and set backs are not new in the game of life.
No doubt, year 2009 and 2010 will never go away from my memory. I’ve suffered throughout the years and the memory still brings to my eyes tears. Indeed, life is full of challenges. But as a true believer, I believed that what God has destined for us, no human being on this earth can change it, and He has a reason for everything. Failure was never part of my dream because I live in the world of dream and I dream big. I thought I’ll succeed always in whatever I want, but life proved me wrong. In this life, it’s good to understand that one don’t have to be the most intelligent person to make it in life, but always aim to be the one that makes it to the top even when you think you can’t, continue and don’t stop, work hard with dogged determination-and that’s the best reward you can give people who fight and limit you, by saying you can never amount to anything.
Despite the challenges I encountered, today I can say am the luckiest among my colleagues. I am grateful to the Almighty Allah for His grace and Mercies. ‘Never give up in life’ will always be my advice to people, because nothing is impossible with God. And we should always put it at the back of our mind that there is time for everything, and our destiny cannot be denied, it can be delayed only. One has to sometimes fight a battle more than once in order to win, today I am indeed grateful to God; the sky is not just my limit now, but the starting point. I wanted to be a soldier first, then considered becoming an Engineer, finally now an Aviator in the making. Truly, every disappointment is a blessing-ALHAMDULILLAHI.
I like politics in my life, but hate to be a politician because of the way and manner we take politics in Nigeria, and am not one to be dabbled too much in matters which do not concern me. I believe as a person am not very outspoken, but can write a lot- some people frequently describe me as being shy or reclusive- but that is not true, because when one gets to know me, one realizes that I can be quite friendly and nice. I endorsed the idea that the only way to help our dear country move forward is actually by trying to do something about the problems we face, and for me, this means engaging in reading and writing-though some people said it’s through politics we can help our country, yes agreed. But I believe if we cultivate the reading and writing habit, we can make this country a better place to be by offering our suggestions and contributions through the available means (such as media) on how things should be done in our dear country-Nigeria.
In life, I want to be happy and see other people happy, because life is all about helping and lifting others; it’s about making worthy and laudable contributions, and impact. It’s also about being useful to our mankind. My aim always is to be the voice of the voiceless in Nigeria if not in the world. Because our future doesn’t look bright, and the only thing we can do now is to stand up and fight for our right- I always wonder when Nigeria will ever be right as it keeps on diminishing right before our very sight, and the worst part of it is the inefficiency of our leaders-as most of them are but a bunch of liars. There is no better time to make meaningful contribution to Nigeria than now, a time when our country is at a crossroad, a time when people think wrong, when values are distorted, when smartness is considered a higher virtue than honesty; when rigging is celebrated and people defend wrong actions because it pays them in the short term. What legacies are we leaving to our unborn child? We have to wake up, think deep and also speak out the truth always even if the leaders will not listen- lets use our pen and communicate to them. It will be a rough journey I know, but believe me our efforts will surely not be in vain. Our pen should always be our weapon!
Last but not the least; life is beautiful, indeed beautiful but short. If we can truly sit down and remember the last day, we can see this life has nothing to pay. Therefore, the earlier we REPENT the better, because we don’t know when the angel of death will come. It could be today, tomorrow or next-only God knows. We all are sinners in one way or the other, so the best thing is to bow to the creator, the Supreme Being and ask Him for his forgiveness and our well being, and say no to bad things again. The end is getting nearer, and time waits for no one. This last paragraph is my resolution at the age of 25. Lastly, remember not to give up in life. In brief, this is my history and theory of life encounter.

No comments: